If you are reading this article right now, then I am sure that you are a man looking to get rid of those pesky pounds that never seem to go away, or simply trying to fit into that great bathing suit that’s been sitting in your closet.
Regardless of whether you want to lose weight for health reasons or just to get your confidence back, the tips below will get you on the right track. So forget those quick weight loss tips and those dangerous weight loss suggestions, the tips below are safe, healthy and approved by medical professions.
So sit back and enjoy this informative weight loss article!
Great Weight Loss Tips For Men
Before I present you with the great nutritional and exercise tips below, there is one overall tip that you should know as you embark on your weight loss journey.
Do not set unattainable goals! Start with small and achievable goals, and modify these goals as you start seeing results. You do not want to wash out before you even get started!
- I am sure that you have read about a variety of different dietary options, such as vegan, no-carb diet and Paleo. While each of these diets has its own merits and demerits, none of them has a secret formula that will help you burn your fat in no time. Instead you should focus on eating minimally processed foods as they support your health, reduce the possibility of disease, and promote your weight loss efforts.
- Do not consume any food after 9pm. In fact, your dinner should be eaten 3-4 hours before you sleep. The reason behind this is that you cannot burn off calories as you sleep, but if you eat your dinner when you are still active your food will be utilized efficiently by your body.
- Incorporate a cheat day into your eating plan; however ensure that you do not over-indulge on the food you are snacking on. Additionally, plan your cheat days ahead of time so that you have a calorie deficit on the cheat day.
- When you head out for meals, ask for salad dressings to come on the side as this helps reduce the calories you take in.
- Drink a glass of water before every meal as it helps reduce your hunger, and hence the portion of food you would ordinarily consume. Furthermore, many times dehydration is confused with hunger; thus if you keep hydrated your chances of eating and gaining calories when you do not need to will reduce.
- Before you head out for a meal at a restaurant or at a friend’s house, consume a tasty protein shake as this will leave you feeling satiated and will reduce the chance of overeating.
- While carbs are a great way of providing much needed nutrients to your body, you need to stay away from unhealthy refined carbs as they lack nutrients and increase hunger pangs. Refined carbs include pasta, pretzels and white bread.
- On the same note, you should consume meals containing protein rich foods as they keep you full for longer, prevent overeating and build lean muscle mass.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it should therefore be composed of protein-filled foods and healthy fibers that provide you with sufficient energy for the day. In addition, try and eat your breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up.
- Prepare healthy snacks ahead of time so that when your stomach grumbles in hungry protest you do not find yourself in front of a vending machine.
- If you love to shovel food down, then this next tip may disappoint you. Research has shown that individuals who savor their foods and consume their food at a moderate pace are less likely to be overweight. This is because the saliva produced as you chew your food starts the digestive process.
- It takes the stomach 20 minutes to relay to your brain that you are full, so stop eating at least 20 minutes before you are full.
- While it might seem like a good idea to skip meals in order to lose weight, skipping a meal messes with your blood sugar levels and causes you to feel hungry. By maintaining an eating schedule you can prevent this from occurring.
- Reduce your alcohol intake!
- When you are planning your exercise schedule, consistency is the key. While you might believe that tough and back breaking exercises are the way to achieve your desired weight loss goals, an extremely challenging workout routine will only burn you out. Instead choose simple workouts which you can perform on a consistent basis.
Additionally, choose a progressive workout schedule so that you can increase the intensity of your exercises as you get more fit.
- Work out on the weekends, as this will allow you to reach your weight loss goals even faster. You can choose to skip your exercise routine on Saturday or on Sunday, but not on both days.
- Take the stairs whenever you have the chance, as this will greatly promote your weight loss efforts.
- Work out with a partner, as they will be able to provide motivation even on days when you are feeling lazy and do not want to exercise. Accountability is an essential part of exercising as it greatly reduces the possibility of you giving up on your weight loss goals.
- Another way of keeping to your weight loss goals is to stick a picture of your original figure on your bathroom mirror, so that you can see where you have come from and what you have achieved so far. Alternatively you can buy an outfit which is a few sizes smaller, therefore ensuring that you can only fit in it once you have lost the extra pounds. We can look at this as positive reinforcement.
- When you head out to work or to the store, park your car on the far side of the parking lot so that you can squeeze in a little exercise into your day.
As you can see, losing weight is a highly achievable goal even without fancy supplements and expensive workout DVDs. Using the above tips you can now set out on your weight loss journey, and attain the body you have always dreamed of. So good luck on this challenge, and get back to me soon with your wonderful results.